Goldman Sachs just released its most loved stocks list among the hedge fund community. Goldman narrows the thousands of stocks represented in the most recent quarterly 13F filings down to their “most important” 25. At Billionairesportfolio.com, we’ve narrowed that list down to the five stocks owned by billionaire hedge fund managers with the most potential upside.
Below are the five stocks:
1) Charter Communications (CHTR) – Charter is one of the top ten most owned stocks by hedge funds. Billionaire hedge fund managers Stephen Mandel of Lone Pine Capital and John Paulson own large stakes in Charter. Mandel owns more than $1 billion worth of Charter. At the recent Robin Hood Investment Conference, one of Paulson’s portfolio managers said Charter could be worth as much as $325 a share, nearly 75% higher than current levels.
2) Yahoo (YHOO) – Yahoo is another popular stock owned by billionaire hedge fund managers. Billionaire David Einhorn and Starboard Value, a top $5 billion activist hedge fund, both own big stakes in Yahoo. The average analyst price target for Yahoo is $49 or a 50% potential return from its current share price.
3) General Motors (GM) – Another popular billionaire owned stock in the Goldman Sachs VIP (very important position) list is GM. Billionaire hedge fund manager David Tepper owns GM. If fact, GM is David Tepper’s largest equity position in his hedge fund. The average analyst price target for GM is $50 or almost a 50% return from its current share price.
4) AIG (AIG) – Billionaires Carl Icahn and John Paulson are two of the largest holders of AIG. Both billionaires have pushed for AIG to break up and spin off business units. Icahn recently said that if AIG breaks into three companies the company could be worth more than $100 a share. That would be a 56% return from its current share price.
5) Apple (AAPL) – Billionaires Carl Icahn and David Einhorn both hold Apple as their largest position. Icahn owns almost $6 billion of Apple. Piper Jaffrey recently put a $179 target price on Apple or a 51% return from its current share price.
Billionairesportfolio.com, run by two veterans of the hedge fund industry, helps self-directed investors invest alongside the world’s best billionaire investors.
How BillionairesPortfolio.com Predicted the Big Pop In Sarepta Therapeutics
The Carl Icahn Effect & How It Can Work For You
Related: Stocks, Stock Market, Economy, Billionaires, Trump, Markets, Investing, Finance, Commodities