Our article on Forbes.com, Stocks That Billionaires Are Buying
Forbes released the newest World’s Billionaires List this week. Now that you know who they are, let’s talk about what stocks they are buying.
At billionairesportfolio.com we track all of the stock holdings of the top billionaire investors. Here are the most recent stock purchases by some of the world’s richest, most powerful investors, including the richest man in the world, Bill Gates.
1) Bill Gates, through his Gates Foundation, recently purchased a stake in Air Products and Chemicals (APD).
2) Warren Buffett, number four on the new Forbes World’s Billionaires list, recently purchased Goldman Sachs (GS), Exxon Mobil (XOM), Liberty Global (LBTYA) and Suncor Energy (SU)
3) Carl Icahn, the 25th wealthiest man in the world, recently purchased Hologic Inc (HOLX), Talisman Energy (TLM) and Apple (APPL).
4) George Soros, another hedge fund icon, is the 26th richest man in the world. He recently purchased JP Morgan (JPM) Essent Group (ESNT), Barrick Gold Corp (ABX), Citigroup (C) and Leucadia National (LUK).
5) John Paulson comes in at number 78 on the Forbes World’s Billionaires list. He recently purchased Extended Stay America (STAY), American Airlines (AAL), Compuware Corporation (CPWR) and Digital Realty Trust (DLR).
President of The Billionaires Portfolio